Sunday, January 28, 2018

Rosie Gold Hair

Every once in a while I get in the mood for a hair change. I guess that's the hairstylist in me :) I had been wanting to try a temporary pastel color for some time now and after seeing Lauren Conrad's story on Instagram of her going rose gold, I decided, why not? It was super easy, anyone can purchase the color, and it only lasts 2-3 washes. Exactly what I was looking for.

I used the Krisitin Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint and was able to find it at Target for only $12 (not including tax) All I did was follow the instructions on the bottle and voila - pink hair!

Here are the steps I went through:

1. Shampoo your hair (don't condition yet). The wetter your hair, the less the color will absorb and the less the intensity. In other words, if your hair is dryer when you apply the color, it will be more drastic. I towel dried mine a bit before applying.

2. I let the color set for 1-2 minutes just as the bottle suggests.

3. Got back in the shower and washed the color out and conditioned it after.

 


4. There were a couple of spots that looked a bit blotchy so I went back over those while my hair was damp and rinsed it in the sink.

5. Here is the final look. As I mentioned, I expect it will lose it's vibrancy over time, and be completely gone after a couple of washes.

 
 

 

Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The apples of my eye

FALL HAS ARRIVED, and the apples of my eye are enjoying ALL the Michigan apples. Fall is one of our favorite times of year! We are pretty lu...